Race for Life is back – but this time with a twist under the stars at Twilight. Yorkshire will play host to two Twilights, one on Friday 18th October at Roundhay Park, Leeds and the other on Friday 25th October at Tower Gardens, York.
We’re coming together to light up the night sky to run, walk and jog 5k and show cancer what we’re made of. Will you spread the word for us? We hope to raise over £110,000 in the region to help Cancer Research UK beat cancer sooner. Run, Walk, Dance, Enter raceforlife.org/twilight
Please also find the logo banners for both events attached along with information about how to help promote Race for Life.
There are over 200 cancers and we won’t give up until we find cures for them all.
Join the fight and enter the Leeds or York Race for Life Twilight now.
Cancer, we’re coming to get you…
Want to get involved but not sure the 5km is for you then read on!
Every Minute Counts
This Autumn – the gloves are off. It’s time to take the fight to cancer at Race for Life 2013. Cancer is a nasty piece of work. It will affect one in three of us. With your support we will beat it sooner. Here are some examples of how you can help us spread the word about Race for life.
- Tweet about signing up to your local event, the training you are doing, or just generally about your support of Race for Life. Ask any of your followers to retweet- particularly your group members and sponsors!
- Update your Facebook status with a tag line and link to the Race for Life Facebook page, or with your motivations for taking part in Race for Life.
- Text your family, friends, colleagues encouraging them to sign up to Race for Life..
- Add the Race for Life e-banner to your email signature.
- Do whatever you can to drive friends and family to our website to sign up www.raceforlife.org
- On a tea break? (15 mins to spare)
- Sign up to Race for Life at raceforlife.org! While you are doing so why not set up a group to invite friends, family, colleagues to join you.
- Visit the Race for Life website www.raceforlife.org and read up about our campaign news, training tips, fundraising information and more.
- Set up and customise your Just Giving page and send the link to everyone you know asking them to sponsor you.
- Share your story- visit the Race for Life website and let us know why you have chosen to support Cancer Research UK. It is our supporters that make Race for Life what it is and our stories change lives. By sharing your story you could help us get vital press coverage to help promote Race for Life to a huge audience of newspaper readers, radio listeners and even TV viewers.
- Email your local Race for Life contact and request posters and leaflets for your local event to be delivered either to your home or place of work.
- Send our Race for Life ‘Forward to Friend’ email to your personal and work address books (please contact your local Race for Life contact to get a copy of the email).
- Post on your work Intranet about signing up for Race for Life or even better – joining your group or set up a work team.
- On your lunch hour? (1 hour to spare)
- Distribute some flyers and posters around your place of work, promoting your local Race for Life event.
- Visit your local high street shops (and/or sports centre, library, hairdressers), or any other local businesses if they would let you put up a poster in their window/ community notice board/ staff rooms or leaving flyers next to their tills.
- Talk to other family, friends, and colleagues about promoting Race for Life in their places of work/ clubs/ community groups.
- Talk to your work about getting your company behind Race for Life – promoting sign up internally to staff, inviting a Race for Life representative to come and talk to staff in a lunch hour, getting together a staff team or even a team of volunteers on event day.
- Morning/ Afternoon/ day to spare?
- Come and help us out at a local promotional event (Please speak to your local Race for Life contact for more details).
- Organise a fundraising event to help raise sponsorship for Race for Life – bake sales, donation boxes for offices and non uniform days at school, or have a clear out of your cupboards and bring some old clothes to the ‘Donation Station’ on event day.
- Contact your children’s school, nursery or college and ask about getting the school involved with Race for Life, or if they wanted to organise their own Race at Your Place (more information can be found on the website www.raceforlife.org). Teachers, deputy heads and PTA boards are a great place to start.